Sunday 30 September 2018

And back to now.

As I said in an earlier post, this summer we went to Washington DC to the ANG Annual Seminar and I took a class on Whitework with Sandie Cormaci-Boles. After seven hours of stitching spread over a number of evenings, I have got this far!

How do I know it was seven hours?
I keep a timer on the wall next to my stitching chair.

One of the most common questions I'm asked is how long something took, so for some time now I have kept a note of the hours I spend on a project. In addition to being able to answer the question, it's also a good guide on what monetary value you should place on your work even if you only calculate it on Minimum Wage.
When you add together the time it has taken us to learn the techniques and create works of needle art, not to mention the cost of "just a few threads, dear", it's a big investment and even though it might be a hobby it still has as much 'value' to us as another person's 'hobby' collection of antique motor cars.
AND I set the timer alarm for segments of 45 minutes to remind me to get up and move around. It reduces the creaks groans and cuss-words when I do stand up.
(And I'm afraid of being scolded by my Chiropractic.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jonathan. Am very much enjoying your blog and have a question--how did you get the reactions section at the bottom of the blog? I'm unable to find a ready made "gadget" for this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda. I couldn't remember so I had to go look. If you go to Layout then Blog Posts Gadget and click on edit, the dialogue box that comes up has a field called Reactions. All I did was put a tick in the box. Hope that works for you.

    ReplyDelete