Friday 12 October 2018

Fur Fabric and Fibre Fill

This fine upstanding fellow (when upstanding) is about 14" tall.

I was in a fabric shop and there was a poster challenging people to make a bear for their 1987 "Teddies for Charity" appeal.
"You could do that," suggested my wife.
"Naw," I replied.
"Of course you could," she challenged. "I have just the pattern."
Well sometimes a boy just had to accept the inevitable. What was not already in our stash was purchased. (I'm not sure there was that much 'purchasing'!) As the bears would be going to a children's hospital I decided it was reasonable to take the coward's way out and make him 'unjointed'.

I am NEVER going to make another stuffed toy. It is, to use a good Scots phrase, 'jist a fittir', but in a short(ish) time fur fabric and fibre fill became:

"What are you going to call him?" asked she.
"That's up to the child who he goes to live with," so he went off with a label that said;
CLINT - The Bear With No Name.

Where he is now I don't know, but he did teach me how important it was to a bear that he or she have all their pile running in the same direction and all their seams secure enough that they can eat copious amounts of hunny.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jonathan, How did you add "Reactions" to the bottom of your blog? Thannks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda. I have sent you an e-mail with (hopefully helpful) instructions.

    ReplyDelete